La Presse The Press. The French word for a newspaper
le journal, newspapers
The news is L'actualité or
Les titres are the Headlines.
The French people are not huge readers of daily newspapers as compared to the British. Below is a list of the main newspaper publishers.
- L'Âge de faire : Atlernative Ecomomie, Ecologie and Citizens
- MediaPart : General news in French.
- RUE89 : This is one of the only independent newspapers left, provocative and always upto date
Classic French press
- Le Monde diplomatique, the most independant and honest (but radically honest)
- Le Liberation, left tendancy
- Le Figaro, right tendancy
- Le Monde, right tendancy
- Le Nouvel Observateur, almost moderate
- L'Humanité, the communist party's newspaper
- La Croix, French Catholic newspaper
Regional and local newspaper.
- Nice-Matin for the south
- La Voix du Nord for the north
French news magazines
Unlike their attitude to newspapers, the French have one of the largest choices in the world for coloured magazines and are big consumers.